Sunday, July 26, 2009

3D Pink Poodle Cake




I am SO proud of this cake! It turned out better than I thought! This is actually 2 cakes. The bottom half of the poodle is three 8" round cakes stacked, carved to resemble a sitting poodle. The top half is also three 8" round cakes stacked but then I carved it to look like a round ball.

I iced both in buttercream and then used 4 columns and a 6" separator plate to stack them on top of each other. The front legs are columns wrapped in pink fondant. The back columns are inserted into the bottom cake. The neck is a 4" round cake.

The head is made out of rice crispy treats that I molded to look like a head then I covered in fondant. The bows and ears are also made out of fondant.

1 comment:

  1. Tonya Porter WilliamsApril 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM

    This cake was simply adorable it was my niece 1st birthday poodle party

    ReplyDelete