Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gumpaste Flowers





I did it! I completed the last module of the Master Cake Decorating Certification! I learned SO much! I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge in this field by taking more classes in advanced techniques in the months and years to come!

This week we focused on making flowers with gumpaste, a sugar dough which dries very quickly. After is hardens completely, the flowers can be colored with petal dusts to create the shadowing and life-like appearance.

This picture shows a few varieties that we learned how to make: roes, daisies, ivy vine, cattleya Orchid, Calla Lily, Casa Blanca Lily, Dahlia, winter roses, Carnation, Cherry Blossom, Freesia, sweet pea flower, stephanotis and pine cones made with chocolate fondant!

No comments:

Post a Comment